We do love our Lockwood Volunteers!!
All volunteers in the Northshore School District will be able to complete an online volunteer application and background check. Family members of students and community members who volunteer at more than one school will only need to complete the application once a year. Once approved, your application will be available for all school office staff to access districtwide.
Volunteer opportunities may be limited during distance learning, check in with your student’s teacher if you have ideas and would like to volunteer.
Are you interested in supporting our students, families and staff this fall? Some classrooms and schools may have limited opportunties for volunteers during distance learning. Please note, most opportunities will not begin until after October 1, 2020.
Beginning the 2020–21 school year, volunteers will be asked to update their application yearly. One month before you application expires you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer opportunities available during Northshore Learns 3.0 will be shared soon.
Involvement by student's families and community members contributes to a successful school experience and has a positive impact on student achievement. When caring adults participate in the education of children, students achieve better grades, have better attendance, complete homework, and show higher aspirations.
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved, including:
- Helping in classrooms, library, office, lunch room, nurse’s office, or on the playground
- Tutoring small groups in reading, writing, math, etc.
- Mentoring students
- Set-up and take-down for events and projects
- Listening to senior project presentations
- Scoring student writing
- Preparing materials in the school office for teachers
- Sharing personal talents, skills, interests or careers
- Participating on district committees or task forces
- Helping with vision screening, proctoring, etc.